Mr. Campbell sports splendid suits

Mr. William Campbell is the Dean of Students for Milton Area Middle and High School, a position which he stepped into in August of 2020.

He is becoming well known for his very bold outfits. He said he has over 30 suits and over 200 pairs of shoes.

“Socks have to match everything,” said Mr. Campbell.

“I like to be unique, I like to have fun. I don’t care what people think,” added Mr. Campbell.

Mr. Campbell said he gets his suits online. He added that he gets some of them from a website called “Express.”

“My wife thinks I’m crazy, I have more clothes and shoes than she has,” he said.

Mr. Campbell said his favorite suit is his Panther Pride suit that High School Secretary Ms. Deana Kovilaritch made.

The Panther Pride suit took around eight hours to make, according to Ms. Kovilaritch, who added that she made it over the course of a week, she said.

Ms. Kovilaritch said she really enjoys making suits, and she would love to make more for Mr. Campbell.

Mr. Campbell said that he’s had some memorable comments on his suits including “What are you wearing?” and “Did you look in the mirror before you walked out of the house?”

Mr. Campbell added that Co-Principal Mr. Michael Bergey kept saying “wow” over and over when he saw his white suite with blue flowers.

Mr. Campbell said he enjoys inspiring other people with his clothing. One day he would like to have a Suit Day at school, he added.

Mr. Campbell said he did not always dress so boldly, especially in high school.

“My father told me first impressions last a life time, so I took that literally,” said Mr. Campbell.

“It all starts with a good attitude,” he said.

According to Mr. Campbell, his day starts at 6:45 a.m. and ends around 4 or 5 p.m. He said he is in charge of discipline and attendance and works under all the principals.

Every morning he said he checks in, walks through both the middle and high school and has a few check-ins with students. Then he said he answers discipline referrals, calls parents and attends several meetings.

Ms. Kovilaritch said there are so many things she loves about having Mr. Campbell as the dean of students, including how helpful and supportive he is.

“He is willing to go out of his way for you,” Ms. Kovilaritch said.

Mr. Campbell graduated from Warrior Run High School and went on to attend Misericordia University in Dallas, Pa., where he played soccer.

For 11 years, he worked in life skills classrooms as a special education teacher, said Mr. Campbell. He was also a gifted/enrichment teacher for one year, he added.

According to Mr. Campbell, his favorite part of his job is that there are no normal days.

“It’s never calm,” he said. He said that he loves talking and developing relationships with everyone.

“I always liked teaching kids,” he added.

He said his least favorite part about his job is “COVID.” He does not like trying to keep track of and knowing when students can come back to school from quarantining after coming in close contact or being exposed to COVID-19, he added.

“I like to help kids that are less fortunate and create a path for their future,” said Mr. Campbell.

Mr. Campbell’s family includes his wife of five years, a younger sister and his mom. His dad passed away, he said. He added that he has no pets or kids; his life completely revolves around school and soccer.

According to Mr. Campbell, he has a soccer business with his best friend. It is called Tycoma Elite, and it is soccer training and camps for students in seventh through 12th grade. The Boys Milton soccer team has participated for the past four years, he added.

Prior to having his own business, Mr. Campbell was a soccer referee, he said.